The world has changed, and you don’t need cable TV anymore to watch a whole host of television and movies.
Subscription services such as Netflix, Hulu, and Peacock offer a range of different genres from comedy, to gritty dramas, to reality television.
And if you love sports, you’ll even find the likes of Amazon Prime buying the rights to more and more sporting events around the world.
So, the question today is how to watch TV using these services using your projector. Thankfully, the process to get yourself connected is fairly straightforward.
It won’t be long before you are sat comfortably projecting all your favorite TV shows, watching them on a huge screen.
- HDMI Projector
- HDMI ports or DVI ports, or HDMI adapters
- High-Speed Internet
1. We’ve said get an HDMI projector because these will help get the best picture quality. HDMI and DVI ports really are your best option. However, you can go for other projector types as well.
2. If your projector doesn’t have an HDMI port, you always buy an HDMI adapter. There are great HDMI adapters at amazon.com that start from the price of $6. HDMI cables, on the other hand, start at the price of $8.
3. Additionally, it would be best to have a very high-speed internet connection in your home as you will be streaming content directly on your projector. We recommend you subscribe to a service provideroffering a speed of at least 25mbps. Live TV streams more smoothly with faster internet speeds.
4. You can subscribe to speeds of 50mbps to completely eliminate buffering from your live TV streaming service. It’s all up to your budget.
5. You can either use a wired connection or a wireless internet connection to watch TV on your projector. A wired-connection has the advantage of being much safer and faster in terms of speed. In contrast, WIFI has the advantage of having to install no extra cables with your projector set.
Direct Streaming Options
You might think we have everything to start watching TV. Well, we are almost there. There’s still one device that you need to have in order to achieve this feat. And it’s a streaming device!
We could have easily streamed from our laptops and computers. But free streaming services on the internet have many pop-ups and viruses which can harm your device. Plus, there are fewer channels to access from those sites.
Here are some great services you can use:
A. Google Chromecast
Google Chromecast uses a dongle-based system to let you playthings from your phone, tablet, or laptop via the projector.
Whether watching content downloaded content or streaming directly from an App, the dongle in your projector’s HDMI slot will pick up the signal and display what you want it to.
The great feature of Chromecast is that it lets your projector play media of a higher resolution than your phone can perhaps manage.
Let’s say your phone can’t handle 4K, but your projector can. The Chromecast will stream your TV shows or movies in a higher resolution format.
Recently, Chromecast users have also been able to benefit from Google TV.
B. Amazon Firestick
If you already have an Amazon Prime account or plan on subscribing, invest in an Amazon Firestick.
The firestick will plug into your projector and give you instant access to everything Amazon Prime has to offer.
This frees up your other devices to use while watching the streaming service.
Additionally, the Amazon Firestick can be carried around anywhere and used so long as there is a Wi-Fi connection. So, if you go away on holiday, you can just plug the firestick into your laptop and still enjoy Amazon Prime.
C. Roku Streaming Stick
The Roku streaming stick is another tiny USB-drive-sized device that lets you stream live news and live sports once you plug it on your projector’s HDMI. Plus, it has other streaming apps in it like Netflix and Amazon Prime, which you can subscribe to for an extra fee.
D. Projector Apps
It is possible to find projectors that have apps already built into them or that can connect to App stores so that you can download the apps you want.
These projectors usually let you download the Apps for most streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney Plus.
You’ll also benefit from YouTube and other free video streaming services. News services from the likes of CNN and Fox News can also be found via their Apps.
Watching TV on a projector is simple to do, and you don’t need to invest in expensive cable anymore to get the shows you love.
There are multiple options, whether you want to stream from a device to the projector or just plug a stick into the projector and play direct.
You’ll find yourself binge-watching an entire series of shows in no time at all.