Dymo is undoubtedly the leading company in the printing industry when it comes to label makers. Its only focus is making the lives of people who love labels and do labeling more satisfying and convenient through its amazing label-making devices.
But, do you know how to use your Dymo label maker right? Are you struggling to print according to your preference? Well, this is the right place to be for you, because today, we will be guiding you towards creating and printing the perfect labels for yourself.
Versions Of Dymo Label Makers
Being dynamic as they are, Dymo has several unique label makers, which are special in their ways. Some are perfect for home organization, some for files and binders, some for barcodes, and even, for pipe markings!
The Dymo label makers exist in a few versions, like the most popular LabelManager series. There is also the LetraTag series, XTL, COLORPOP, and Rhino, which is excellent for printing barcodes.
The LabelManager series has a greater number of models and comes with the most features. But, Dymo has put in enough work on all the label maker versions for all of them to produce excellent labels for you.
Apart from a few slight differences, all these devices work in the same manner and it’s not a very challenging job either. You’ll see exactly what we’re talking about once you’re done reading this article!
How To Load Dymo Label Maker
- Make sure the width of the tape cassette or label you’re going to put in is inthe range of your label maker.
Different label makers are compatible up-to a certain width of labels to print properly.
- Slowly pull on the label compartment upwards. The label compartment is generally on the upper back of your label maker. But, it’s good to make sure by checking on the user manual.
- Carefully insert the label cassette into the compartment. The shape of the label is laid out in the compartment, so the holes of the cassette should easily fit with the guides in the compartment.
- A “Click” sound means the label has been successfully inserted.
- You should then close the compartment.
- Enter the correct width of the label in use when you turn the device on and it asks you to type in the label length.
There’s a transparent part on the back of this machine that shows which label cassette you’re using once you load it, making double-checking easy before you print your labels.
How To Turn On Dymo Label Maker
There are two ways of supplying power to your Dymo label maker.
- Open the battery compartment situated on the back of the label maker.
- Purchase the type of batteries (generally AAA) and the number of batteries required for this device to work.
- Carefully insert the batteries according to the correct polarity markings.
- Close the compartment and press the “Power” button to turn on your label maker.
- Connect one end of the AC adapter that comes with the label maker, to the AC power supply port, which is present in all the Dymo label makers.
- Connect the other end to the power supply of your house and turn it on.
- Next, press the “Power” button to start creating your labels.
How To Make Labels With Dymo Label Maker
- After pressing the “Power” button, select your preferred language using the arrow keys on the label maker.
- Next, choose the correct label width that you inserted in the device when prompted to.
- You can type in any text you want using the keyboard, which may or may not be QWERTY.
- There are several features for directly formatting your text, which you can access by pressing on certain buttons:
- The “B” button makes your texts bold.
- The “I” button italicizes your texts.
- Pressing on “U inside a box” underlines your texts or creates a box around them.
- You can adjust the font size of your texts by hitting on the button that has “different sizes of A”.
- Hitting on the button with “ABC” written vertically will print texts vertically on your label.
- You can also add various symbols and cliparts according to your needs, and these are accessed in the same way:
- Press the “Menu” button on your label-making machine.
- Using the navigation arrows, you’ll see there are two options to choose from: “Settings” and “Symbols/Clip Art”.
- Select the “Symbols” or “Clip Art” option by pressing “OK”.
- You can scroll through the endless collection of symbols and clip arts with the help of navigation arrows.
- When you get your desired option, press “OK”, and you will see it on your screen.
- Once you’re done editing and formatting your texts, hit the “Print” button on your Dymo label maker, which has the same color as the “Power” button.
- Your label will print out through the exit slot.
- Press on the “Cutter” button on the top right side of your label maker and pull on your printed label. This will separate your label from the machine and is ready for use.
How To Stick The Labels
Sticking the labels are fairly easy and the strong adhesive capabilities of the labels make it possible to use the labels on all kinds of surfaces. The labels have two separate peel-offs.
- Locate the separation between the peel-offs on the label backing.
- Hold the edge of the label and mildly fold towards the printed side of the label.
- The peel-offs will separate from the surface and can be easily pulled off of the label.
- Stick the label quickly to your desired surface. Wasting too much time can cause the label to lose its adhesion.
Whether you’re printing barcodes for your products or printing labels for organizing things better at your home, Dymo Label Makers are your best friend. Their versatility makes them extremely useful. However, not knowing how to use them properly will just lead to fruitless wastage of labels.
We’ve prepared this comprehensive yet simple article to save you from that mess and help you use your label maker at its best.